|Little House on the Prairie|
|Season 1, Episode 20|
|Air date||February 5, 1975|
|Written by||Ward Hawkins|
|Directed by||Michael Landon|
Child of Pain
A medicine man adorned with bravado and slight of hand stays with the Ingalls and advertises his miracle powder. After residents start to prefer his powders over Doc Baker's medical treatment, the Ingalls send him packing. However when Jack has an unfortunate accident, the medicine man returns to bring Laura the hope she needs and eventually confesses the truth.
A traveling circus man, O'Hara, comes to Walnut Grove attempting to convince everyone that he has magic healing powders. The truth is revealed when Mrs. Oleson almost loses her life after choosing his healing powders instead of undergoing surgery.
- Michael Landon: Charles Ingalls
- Karen Grassle: Caroline Ingalls
- Melissa Gilbert: Laura Ingalls
- Melissa Sue Anderson: Mary Ingalls
- Lindsay and Sidney Greenbush: Carrie Ingalls
- Barney: Jack
- Dr. Baker performs surgery and removes Mrs. Oleson's appendix in this story. This is in contrast to the season 6 episode "The Faith Healer" where he recommends sending a boy to a city hospital for the same procedure and the season 8 episode "Dark Sage" where he admits that he doesn't have surgical skills like Dr. Ledoux.?