|Little House on the Prairie|
|Season 2, Episode 10|
|Air date||December 10, 1975|
|Written by||Arthur Heinemann|
|Directed by||Michael Landon|
While fishing in a stream, Laura and her friend Jonah find a glittery substance that looks like gold. Laura spends her days gathering the "gold dust" and begins fantasizing about her family being very, very rich ... and the Olesons being dirt poor. The secrecy starts to lead to squabbling and hasty action from the nosy Oleson children. In the end, the truth becomes a disappointment to the two excited children.
- Michael Landon: Charles Ingalls
- Karen Grassle: Caroline Ingalls
- Melissa Gilbert: Laura Ingalls
- Melissa Sue Anderson: Mary Ingalls
- Lindsay and Sidney Greenbush: Carrie Ingalls
- Richard Bull: Nels Oleson
- Katherine MacGregor: Harriet Oleson
- Charlotte Stewart: Miss Beadle Simms
- Barney: Jack
- In this episode's dream sequences, we have the rare experience of not only seeing Alison Arngrim (Nellie)'s natural hair, but seeing it completely straight! This is obviously when Laura is fantasizing about the Olesons being dirt poor, and Arngrim doesn't wear her Nellie wig.?