|"The Man Inside"|
| Season 5, Episode 4 |
#94 in Series
|Series:||Little House on the Prairie|
|Air date||October 2, 1978|
|IMDb||The Man Inside|
|Written by||Michael Landon|
|Directed by||Michael Landon|
|Guest starrng:|| Michelle Downey|
Julie Anne Haddock
| Previous episode:|
"The Winoka Warriors"
| Next episode:|
"There's No Place Like Home (Part 1)"
"The Man Inside" was the fourth episode in Season 5 of Little House on the Prairie, also the 94th overall episode in the series. Written and directed by series co-star and co-executive producer Michael Landon, the episode first aired on NBC-TV on October 2, 1978.
Laura makes friends with a shy classmate, but winds up jeopardizing the friendship when she makes fun of an obese man, not knowing he is the girl's father. True remorse doesn't come until the man falls seriously ill. Laura and the injured gentlemens' daughter learn to take a closer look at others from the inside out.
- Michael Landon as Charles Ingalls
- Karen Grassle as Caroline Ingalls
- Melissa Sue Anderson as Mary Ingalls
- Melissa Gilbert as Laura Ingalls
- Lindsay and Sidney Greenbush as Carrie Ingalls
- Jeffrey as Bandit
- Patrick Labyorteaux as Andrew Garvey
- Matthew Laborteaux as Albert Quinn Ingalls
- Hersha Parady as Alice Garvey
- Brenda as Wendi Turnbaugh as Grace Ingalls (uncredited - in alternating scenes)
- Michelle Downey as Susan Goodspeed
- Walker Edmiston as Doctor Moore
- Cliff Emmich as John Bevins
- Katherine Woodville as Bess Bevins (credited as Kate Woodville)
- Julie Anne Haddock as Amelia Bevins
- David Hooks as Mr. Ames
- Hap Lawrence as Smitty
- David Murdock as Apple Vendor
- Sam Edwards as Postman
- Ivan Wideman as Thomas
- Laura: Adam! Adam! You better get down to the blind school. Mary's madder than a wet hen!
- Adam: Not having been raised on a farm, I'm not quite sure how mad that is.
- Laura: Trust me, it's mad!
- Amelia (to her mother as her father listens outside the door): Why did we have to move here? I hate it here!
- Bess: Your father had to find work. You know that.
- Amelia: When we were on the farm, we were away. The children didn't see him.
- Bess: Amelia, I won't have you saying such things! Now, your father loves you. He tries his best.
- Amelia: I don't want him to meet my friends. I don't want them to see him and I don't want them to know he's my father!
- Caroline (when Laura is crying about the jokes she made about Amelia's father): All right, that's enough now.
- Laura: But we didn't know he was her father.
- Caroline: The point isn't whether you knew, is it? The point is that we should never make cruel comments about anyone.
- Laura: It wasn't just me.
- Caroline: Oh, you know better than to use an excuse like that!
- Laura: I know.
- Caroline: Tomorrow, when you see Amelia at school, I'm sure you will apologize.
- Laura: What will I say?
- Caroline: You thought of the jokes. You can think of an apology.
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|The Winoka Warriors||There's No Place Like Home (Part 1)|