|"Episode 516: Blind Man's Bluff"|
| Season 5, Episode 16 |
# in Series
|Air date||January 15, 1979|
|Written by||Arthur Heinemann|
|Directed by||William F. Claxton|
| Previous episode:|
| Next episode:|
Dance With Me
Laura's schoolmate and friend, Jordon Harrison, has dreams of one day working for a circus but is troubled by his quarreling parents. After an accident causes temporary blindness, Jordan pretends to remain blind in an effort to bring his parents closer together and avoid their upcoming divorce. Laura discovers Jordan's deception and struggles about whether she should tell everyone the truth.
- Michael Landon: Charles Ingalls
- Karen Grassle: Caroline Ingalls
- Melissa Gilbert: Laura Ingalls
- Melissa Sue Anderson: Mary Ingalls
- Lindsay and Sidney Greenbush: Carrie Ingalls
- Matthew Laborteaux: Albert Ingalls
- Linwood Boomer: Adam Kendall
- Kevin Hagen: Dr. Baker
- Jeffrey: Bandit
- Bert Kramer: Timothy
- Kathryn Leigh Scott: Belle
- Ronnie Scribner: Jordan
- Ketty Lester: Hester-Sue Terhune
- Maureen Lee: Mrs. Herzog
- Wesley Grant: Mr. Herzog
- Michelle Downey: Sue
- Vince Tortell: Thomas
- Lisa Scribner: Hannah
- Jordan (to Belle): Why are you and Pa getting divorced?
- Belle: Because we can't live together. You've heard us. We had another fight this morning.
- Jordan: Yeah, over a sugar bowl.
- Laura (after bounding into the blind school with Jordan): I wrote a book in Braille for you to read to the children.
- Mary: Thanks. I'll read it later. Hannah's parents are visiting all the way from Minneapolis, and we want to spend some time.
- Hester Sue: In the meantime, why don't you two come into the kitchen? I have some doughnuts.
- Laura: Doughnuts? Oh boy, we'll be in the kitchen! (she and Jordan run out loudly)
- Mary (to Hannah's parents) That was my very shy little sister.
- Laura (voice-over): There was no need to tell anyone about Jordan. God had already decided how he wanted it to be. Jordan never did remember. If he did, I think he would have told his folks. I think.