|"Someone Please Love Me"|
| Season 5, Episode 22 |
#112 in Series
|Series:||Little House on the Prairie|
|Air date||March 5, 1979|
|IMDb||Someone Please Love Me|
|Written by||Michael Landon|
|Directed by||William F. Claxton|
|Guest starrng:|| Charles Cioffi|
| Previous episode:|
"The Enchanted Cottage"
| Next episode:|
"Someone Please Love Me" was the 22nd episode in Season 5 of Little House on the Prairie, also the 112th overall series episode. Written by Michael Landon, the episode, which was directed by William F. Claxton, originally aired on NBC-TV on March 5, 1979.
During a horse buying trip to Sleepy Eye, Charles meets up with Brett Harper, one of the state's best horse breeders. However, Harper's alcoholism has taken a deep toll on the family and is coming apart because of the lack of a strong head of the household.
Charles temporarily takes the role as the family man while he tries to sober Harper up, but his touch may have worked too well: Harper's wife and children like Charles better than drunken Brett (who had become that way after his son had died). Charles manages to convince his family that Brett is a good person, but needs to be sober to be so.
- Michael Landon as Charles Ingalls
- Karen Grassle as Caroline Ingalls (Credited only)
- Melissa Gilbert as Laura Ingalls (Credited only)
- Melissa Sue Anderson as Mary Ingalls Kendall (Credited only)
- Lindsay Greenbush and Sidney Greenbush: Carrie Ingalls (Credited only)
- Jeffrey as Bandit
- Charles Cioffi as Bret Harper
- Jenny Sullivan as Leslie Harper
- Kyle Richards as Sam Harper
- Bobby Rolofson as Tom Harper
- Also featuring: