|Little House on the Prairie|
|Season 8, Episode 9|
|Air date||November 30, 1981|
|Written by||Chris Abbott|
|Directed by||Maury Dexter|
Wave of the Future
Nancy has plenty of cruel tricks up her sleeve, and uses Elmer to get her way.
|Karen Grassle||Caroline Ingalls|
|Melissa Gilbert||Laura Ingalls Wilder|
|Missy Francis||Cassandra Ingalls|
|Jason Bateman||James Ingalls|
- Elmer (after overhearing Willie comment on his weight): The kids at my other school called me Piggy!
- Albert: Oh, um, he didn't mean that, Elmer.
- Elmer: Aw, that's okay. Everyone has to have a nickname. It makes you feel like you belong.
- Elmer: Nancy, please! There must have been some mistake, I swear!
- Nancy: Don't ever talk to me again, you big fat slob!
- Albert: (about Elmer) He seems friendly enough.
- Willie: Fat people are always friendly. Well, they are!
- Albert (to Elmer): I thought it was mean to call you those names, but you seemed to enjoy it. Maybe if you had asked us to stop, things wouldn't have gotten so bad. I'm not blaming you, I'm just saying we all have our faults. Isn't that right, Nancy?
- Nancy: Mother and I spent hours trying to think of one for me, and we couldn't come up with a single solitary fault.
- Mrs. Miles (to Jess, who isn't eating his food): Why can't you be more like Elmer?
- Elmer: Leave him alone, will you?
- Mrs. Miles: Elmer!
- Elmer: Why do you make him eat all the time? Do you want him to get fat and have all the kids make fun of him, and not have any friends? Is that what you want? Well, maybe he's just not hungry! (storms out)
- Mrs. Miles: What on Earth has gotten into that boy?
- Mr. Miles: Sounds like good sense to me.
- Nancy: Elmer, they won't let me pitch. ELMER!
- Elmer: Sorry, Nancy, you're gonna have to work things out for yourself from now on.
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Chicago||Wave of the Future|