|"He Was Only Twelve (Part 1)"|
| Season 8, Episode Episode 21 |
# in Series
|IMDb||He Was Only Twelve (Part 1)|
|Written by||Paul W. Cooper|
|Directed by||Michael Landon|
| Previous episode:|
Episode 820: A Faraway Cry
| Next episode:|
Episode 822: He Was Only Twelve (Part 2)
Charles, Albert, James and Mr. Edwards travel to Sleepy Eye to make a delivery. James and Albert go to the bank to deposit some money and arrive while a robbery is in progress.
Tragically, James is shot and lapses into a coma showing no hope of recovery. The doctor must advise Charles that he will likely die. An embittered Charles tracks down the criminals to seek revenge.
- The first part of this two-part story is a re-write of the 1972 Bonanza episode, "He Was Only Seven."
- Michael Landon: Charles Ingalls
- Karen Grassle: Caroline Ingalls
- Melissa Gilbert: Laura Ingalls Wilder
- Missy Francis: Cassandra Ingalls
- Jason Bateman: James Ingalls
- Rachel Lindsay & Sidney Greenbush: Carrie Ingalls
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|A Faraway Cry||He Was Only Twelve (Part 2)|