Little Town on the Prairie is the seventh book written by Laura Ingalls Wilder in the Little House book series. It was published in 1941 and originally illustrated by Helen Sewell. Later editions had new drawings that were done by Garth Williams. It is the seventh best-selling book from the Little House series.
This book is based on Laura's adolescence spent near De Smet, South Dakota, in the late 19th century. It is about her becoming a schoolteacher so she can send her blind sister Mary to a school for the blind.
Little House Books
- Little House in the Big Woods (1932)
- Farmer Boy (1933)
- Little House on the Prairie (1935)
- On the Banks of Plum Creek (1937)
- By the Shores of Silver Lake (1939)
- The Long Winter (1940)
- Little Town on the Prairie (1941)
- These Happy Golden Years (1943)
- The First Four Years (1968)